What does it mean to be and work diversity sensible and critically towards social inequality?
The goals of the University of Graz diversity strategy include
- to create ideal learning, research and working environments for all,
- to act along the principles of anti-discrimination, equality and equal opportunities,
- to remove barriers for disadvantaged groups,
- to reflect on our own privileges,
- to question prevailing norms (such as the employee, the student, the scientist, etc.),
- to show solidarity with disadvantaged groups,
- to dismantle discriminatory, exclusionary and power-maintaining mechanisms,
- to value and promote diversity of experience, skills and potentials and thus
- to contribute to organizational development.
In more detail, these goals are formulated in the mission statement, which can be found here.